Baked Chicken In a Sweet BBQ Sauce22 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“What I had to do to squeeze this recipe from my neighbor...but it's worth it. This is a scrumptious version of sticky chicken.” - by Ally T
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce, soy sauce, red wine, maple syrup, chili powder, dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place the chicken breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Turn the chicken pieces over in the sauce to coat both sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the baking dish, and keep warm.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce; reduce heat to a simmer, and allow the sauce to thicken, whisking constantly. Return the chicken to the dish, and pour the thickened sauce over the chicken to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 275 cal
- 3.8 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! I had everything in my fridge, which is always a plus! I did think the spices were a bit much, so I cut them all down by a 1/3. To keep the chicken moist, used a 9x9 inch pan so the sauc..." See moree covered more of the chicken and I also baked it covered with foil. My husband loved it!"
"Awesome! We all loved it. Was told the recipe was a keeper. :) I read other reviews before I made this and took the following suggestions... used a smaller baking dish and covered with foil. Only ing..." See moreredient I changed was the red wine because we didn't have any. In place of that I use 1/8 cup each of water and balsamic vinegar."
"I have to say 1 tablespoon of chili powder is waaaay to much. Next time I will put 1 teaspoon. It tasted like pure chili sauce. I might try this again but would def. not use that much chili powder. BF..." See more is not picky and he thought it tasted like chili. I usually only try something if it's had at least 100 reviews now I know why. I'm sure the recipe would be great otherwise."
Crispy Baked Chicken
Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.