simplylo's Oven-Baked Sesame Chicken6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“This makes a very flavorful chicken. This recipe was originally used for chicken wing drumettes, which are addictive, but has become quite popular with chicken legs, thighs, and breasts. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!” - by simplylo
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking rack with cooking spray, and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Mix the wheat germ, bread crumbs, sesame seeds, parsley, black pepper, and paprika together in a separate large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat the pieces with the bread crumb mixture; transfer the coated chicken pieces to the prepared baking rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of of a thigh, not touching bone, should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 498 cal
- 22.5 g
- 29.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I made this last night for dinner and it was delicious! I used bone-in chicken thighs from which I removed the skin (I hated to do it, I love chicken with skin, but I'm on a weight loss program). I ..." See moredidn't have any Italian seasoned bread crumbs so I used Panko and added dried oregano, basil and thyme. At first I was hesitant to add Italian seasoning to an Asiany dish, but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't discard the marinade, I boiled it down to a syrupy consistancy and served it over leftover Asian noodles with green onions. This was really wonderful and I can't wait to try it with skin-on chicken once I get skinny. Thanks so much, simplylo!"
"Excellent! I didn't have dry sherry so I just substituted white wine. I marinated the chicken for about 5 hours and breaded the chicken with the same recipe but since I didn't have wheat germ I used..." See more panko (I had it on hand and you can't get more Asian than that!) instead. It was delicious. I think I even cooked it too long and still came out juicy. Yum. Can't wait to make it again."
"This was by far the best tasting chicken I have ever tasted! Who would know soy sauce, ginger and Italian seasonings would go so well? I used a whole cut up chicken and took the skin off (I don't li..." See moreke the skin and it's so bad for you anyway!). I also used low sodium soy sauce. That's the only changes I made. The coating on this chicken is just incredible. Oh, and it's even better the next day . . .cold! Next time I'm going to make a boat load of chicken drummettes using this recipe. Can't wait! Thanks for an awesome recipe simplylo!"
Happy Roast Chicken
Orange Herb Roasted Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.