Thai Salad with Whole Grain Brown Rice and Chicken15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Begin with Uncle Ben's® Rice and end up on a culinary trip to Thailand. Peanut sauce and spinach meet for an exotic plate of Thai salad with healthy whole grain brown rice and delicious basil seasoned chicken.” - by Uncle Ben's®
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook the rice according to package directions, set aside and chill.
- Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and poblano peppers in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise before cutting them into 1/2-inch slices.
- Combine the rice with cucumber, dressing, chicken, and onion. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with the spinach and basil.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 644 cal
- 35.4 g
- 51.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious! This recipe makes a lot, so we are planning to take it for lunch for the next few days... taking the spinach/basil combo in a separate box from the rice and putting it together at ..." See morelunch. I made this with tempeh instead of chicken, but I think tofu would be great too. I used brown basmati rice and Thai basil. The peanut sauce is marvelous. This would be even better if topped with shredded carrots and chopped peanuts. My only problem with this recipe is the order that the ingredients are listed - it would be better if they were listed in order of use. Thanks, Uncle Ben!"
"Serving this for dinner tonight. I just finished putting it all together and had to check it for "quality assurance". It is a wonderful combination of flavors. Very refreshing & would make a great sal..." See moread during warm weather. When I serve it I will garnish with finely shredded carrot and chopped peanuts."
Curried Chicken and Rice Salad
Brown Rice and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.