Shreddies No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“Watch these mini treats disappear; who can resist the combination of peanut butter, chocolate, and crunchy Shreddies!” - by Post Foods Canada Corp.
Original recipe yields 60 (1 1/4-inch) squares
- Lightly grease 13x9-inch baking pan; line with parchment paper, 2 ends extending over edge of pan.
- Set aside 60 (approx. 3/4 cup) whole Shreddies for topping. Place remaining Shreddies in a resealable plastic bag and crush by hand to yield 1-1/2 cups coarse crumbs.
- Microwave peanut butter and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec., or until butter has melted; stir to combine. Stir in sugar and crumbs.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, patting down to form a firm crust.
- Microwave chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 2-3 min., stirring once. There should still be some unmelted chunks. Stir until all chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust. Arrange 60 Shreddies over top, forming rows of 6 x 10.
- Cool at room temperature 20 min. Using sharp paring knife, score chocolate along rows, to form 60 squares. Refrigerate 1 hour. Using parchment paper ends, carefully lift mixture from pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 60 squares.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 85 cal
- 5 g
- 9.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"It tasted like a Crispy Crunch chocolate bar - very yummy! Next time I make this though, I wouldn't put the Shreddie on top...its not necessary for taste or looks...." See more"
"I am not the best in the kitchen but this recipe was super easy to follow and took very little time! The result was delicious squares that taste like Reeses peanut butter cups, with a crunch! Perfect ..." See morefinger food size and my family devoured them! Next time I'm going to add a bit more crushed Shreddies to the crust for some extra crunch!"
"I had really high hopes of these no-bake squares. I made them for Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend and they turned out VERY crumbly. The whole thing pretty much fell apart. And there was by ..." See moreno means enough chocolate to cover the top. When I tried to spread what little chocolate I had, the crumbly under-mixture ended up mixed in. The taste was good overall, but the presentation was terrible and I doubt I will make these again."
Shreddies Butter Tart Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.