Cream Cookies2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“Very light, flaky cookies, always requested for showers and weddings. Frost with cream cheese icing when cool. Dough can be made days ahead.” - by cindyz
Original recipe yields 50 cookies
- In a bowl, mash the butter and flour together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the cream, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape the dough onto a large sheet of plastic wrap, wrap tightly, and chill at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick on a floured work surface, and cut into 2-inch circles with a cutter. Place sugar into a shallow bowl, and dip each cookie into the sugar on both sides. Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until the edges turn light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before removing to cool completely on racks.
Amount Per Serving (50 total)
- 64 cal
- 4.3 g
- 5.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Curiosity got me with this recipe because of the fact that there is no salt or vanilla, but I love cream! These are delicious even without frosting--as you see them in my photo. They kept their shap..." See moree pretty well and were very easy to handle. I rolled them between two sheets of parchment and had no problem at all with them being too sticky. Start with half the amount of sugar and add as necessary. I got 20 cookies from half a recipe, and the cooking time of 10 minutes was perfect. They are flaky and light and have a very subtle taste! My granddaughters will definitely want them frosted, and that will leave you with many options! Thanks for the recipe, Cindy."
"I made these and was very disappointed! They were extremely bland with no real flavor and the overall texture was to cakey even though I did roll the dough to the 1/4" as instructed. The only thing I ..." See moredid like was how easy they were to make. I may consider making them again and adding almond or vanilla extract to see if I can improve the flavor."
Caramel Cream Sandwich Cookies
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.