Banana Apple Bread23 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“A fall twist to the original banana bread!” - by afcouwen
Original recipe yields 2 7x3-inch loaves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease two 7x3-inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 3/4 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, the baking soda, and salt until thoroughly combined. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the melted butter with 2 cups of sugar until smooth, and mix in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Fold in the bananas, apples, and chopped walnuts until combined; do not overmix. There should be small chunks of banana visible in the batter. Pour half the batter into each prepared loaf pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of flour, and 3 tablespoons of softened butter together in a bowl until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half the crumb topping over each loaf. Garnish each loaf with banana and apple slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove and cover each pan with aluminum foil. Return to oven, and bake an additional 15 or 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 247 cal
- 10.7 g
- 36 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"Whoever submitted this recipe please review your cooking time/temp. After following this recipe exactly I was left with two loaves of mush, although the house smelled delicious! I ended up cooking f..." See moreor at least 45 minutes longer, and I kept increasing the temp. Okay, bake @350 for 55 minutes, cover w/foil and bake an additonal 10-15 minutes. Perfection!!! 10/30/11 - Okay, after making this recipe at least 5 times (we love the flavor!) I've perfected it to our liking with the following changes: Bake @350 for 55 minutes cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Still test w/toothpick or knife but with the above changes this now turns out perfectly!"
"Whoa!!! This is delicious. I baked one large loaf pan and 6 small loaf pans. I made a little more topping to cover all. I had no trouble with mine getting baked. The small ones took about 30 minut..." See morees and the large one about 48 minutes. Check with a toothpick. A delightful, and tasty banana/apple bread. Thanks so much."
"The bread itself is great, but as another poster said, the time and temperature are not correct. I started out following the 325 degrees, but after 45 minutes increased it to 350 and cooked for anoth..." See moreer half hour. Then I checked Betty Crocker and their banana bread is at 350 degrees. So I recommend starting it at 350 degrees."
Spiced Banana Bread
Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.