Perfect Creme Brulee3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 5 min
“I have made creme brulee many times, and have been perfecting it over time.” - by Bobo
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Move a rack to the bottom of the oven.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla together in a stainless steel bowl until smooth. Bring the cream just to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat; pour into the egg yolk mixture, whisking continually until combined.
- Bring a couple of inches of water to a simmer in an oven-safe saucepan over medium low heat; set the bowl with the cream mixture over the saucepan to form a double boiler.
- Place the entire double boiler into the preheated oven; bake until the mixture sets, about 30 minutes.
- Chill in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Combine the brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of white sugar in a bowl; sprinkle evenly over the cold creme.
- Heat under the preheated broiler until the sugar melts and browns, 2 to 3 minutes; return immediately to the refrigerator and chill until the sugar is set, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 333 cal
- 25.3 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"The directions are sketchy at best. I had good results only b/c I know how to make creme brulee. I chose a different method entirely to make this. I blended the egg yolks & sugar together and place..." See mored this in a double boiler, and added the vanilla and cream. I continually stirred this mixture until it had thickened. I then poured it into ramekins and refrigerated it. After it cooled I used a finally ground turbinado sugar (raw sugar) and carmelised it w/ my butane torch. Simple recipe but given the instructions wouldn't recommend this to a beginner."
Irish Cream Creme Brulee
Simple Creme Brulee Dessert
Just swipe to see more like this.