Pat's Baked Potato Salad12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is much more than potato salad. It's a colorful potato side dish which complements just about any entree.” - by lutzflcat
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble. Set the bacon aside.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine the potatoes, Cheddar cheese, relish, onion, and olives in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, celery salt, and black pepper. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are browned and the cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 253 cal
- 15.6 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Made this for Recipe Group and we loved it! I did boil my potatoes whole because I like the texture of them better that way. Also, all I had on hand was shredded cheddar cheese, so I went with that. I..." See more thought the amount of mayo was not gonna be enough, but I followed the recipe anyway and it turned out perfectly creamy and delicious! I prepared this the night before, so that I could just bake it when I was ready and that worked out very well. My oven is super hot, so it only took about 25 mins. to bake. I served it with 'slow cooker ham' fron this site, which was a perfect match. This was a BIG hit with my family, and I will be making this again and again! Thanks for sharing! :)"
"Recipe Group selection 10/22/11. I have had and made hot potato salad in the past that wasn't well received, so I worried about this one. I omitted the relish and olives due to personal tastes, but ..." See morethere was plenty of flavor from the bacon and cheese. I used red skin potatoes so I didn't peel them and it worked just fine. Thanks for a very nice recipe."
"Made for Recipe Group. I did not add olives as I don't like them and used celery flakes instead of celery salt. I'm assuming they add saltiness to the potatoes, because without them they lack any salt..." See more. That is an easy enough fix. I like hot German potato salad, but didn't care for the pickle relish in this. Maybe it's just a mind thing. Thanks for the recipe!"
Baked Potato Salad I
Ukraine Baked Potato Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.