Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“All-in-one casserole with Cheddar cheese, rice, cooked chicken and fresh broccoli.” - by Frenchy
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt-free seasoning, and pan-fry in the hot oil until lightly browned on both sides, about 10 minutes per side. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover, and bring the water to a boil. Place the broccoli florets and sweet onion into the steamer basket, cover pan, and steam until broccoli turns bright green and is barely tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 1/2 cups of water to a boil, and stir in the margarine until it melts. Pour in the contents of the two packages of rice side dish, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 7 to 10 minutes; turn off heat, and allow to stand covered for 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked rice into a large mixing bowl, and stir in the chicken, broccoli, and onion. Mix in the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, 2 cups of Cheddar cheese, parsley, 2 teaspoons of salt-free seasoning, garlic powder, curry powder, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until thoroughly combined. Adjust salt and black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 648 cal
- 45.1 g
- 20.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Very good and easy dish to make. I did not add any lemon juice (didn't have any) and I also cut back on the mayo per other reviews. I also felt that steaming the broccoli and onion before was a wast..." See moree of time so I just added it to the dish when you combined all the ingredients. Broccoli came out cooked perfectly (not mushy). Overall, I will definitely make this dish again."
"I ended up having to substitute a couple of the ingredients, but this is the best Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole I have ever had. It was tangy, cheesy, buttery, and savory. You have to try it!..." See more"
"This is a kid pleasing recipe and the taste is very good! The reason for the 3 stars is because of all the changes I will make when I fix this again. 1 bag of rice will be plenty. I also used froze..." See moren broccoli (I had it on hand). I don't like my veggies very mushy, so the broccoli was frozen when I put this in the oven...that was just right! Since next time I will be cutting the rice in half, it might be a good idea to reduce the mayo by 1/2 too. I did not add the curry powder because my family doesn't really care for it and the taste was still very good! I would also reduce the browning time for the chicken to 6-8 minutes on each side, then bake everything for 30. I also did not cut up the chicken. My hubby is watching his carbs, so I left the chicken whole so he wouldn't have to eat a lot of rice to get chicken."
Spicy Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Fresh Arugula
Cheesy California Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.