Chocolate Anise Cookies with Dried Cherries2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 7 min
- Ready In: 42 min
“These gourmet chocolate cookies flavored with crushed anise seeds are full of chocolate chips and dried tart cherries.” - by Ghirardelli®
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe container, melt 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate on 50% power. In a small bowl combine instant coffee and hot water. Stir to dissolve granules by mixing with a small spoon. Set aside. Place anise seeds in a small Ziploc bag, and with a heavy bottomed pan, gently pound to break up and slightly crush the seeds--this will help to release the natural oils and make the seeds more aromatic.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and anise. Beat on medium low speed for 1 minute until mixture resembles a course crumb. Add egg and coffee mixture and beat on low speed to combine. Add melted chocolate and mix on low (making sure to stop the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl). Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and cherries and mix again. Chill dough in freezer for 15-20 minutes until firm or refrigerate for an hour.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portions of dough and roll into a ball. Dough will be slightly sticky. Chill dough again for at least 10 minutes.
- Put both sugar in two separate plates or shallow bowls. Place each cookie in granulated sugar and roll to coat all sides. Then place cookie in confectioners sugar and roll to coat. Place on a greased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes - Rotate tray and bake for an additional 2 minutes being careful not to over bake. Cookie will be chewy on the edges but soft on the inside.
- Let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 84 cal
- 2.8 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I wondered how these would turn out with only 1/2 cup flour. They tasted pretty good, however I thought it was not worth the effort to make these, I only got 20 cookies. The dough had to be chilled ..." See moretwo times and was not that easy to work with. My son really loved them though, but he will have to make his own :-)"
"I made these for a family function. Did not turn out at all like the picture shown, and I followed the instruction that were not that difficult. I am a savvy baker, and the mix of ingredients were i..." See morentriguing. They came out into small hard balls and did not spread at all. Definitely would not make again."
Clementine's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.