Spicy Chicken Arrabbiata Capellini1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“In Southern Italy, the fiery red chili pepper is a staple in local cuisine. Arrabbiata, the Italian word for ‘angry,' is used to describe the spicy sauce of the region loaded with the beloved red chili pepper. Our ‘angry' pasta and chicken dish earns its heat from chili pepper flakes, perfectly balanced with fresh cloves of garlic, smoky bacon and a hint of lemon.” - by DeLallo Foods
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Rub with paprika and chili pepper. Arrange chicken in a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for al dente texture. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- In a large saucepan on medium high heat, cook bacon with garlic and remaining olive oil until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- Add cooked pasta, lemon juice and arugula to the pan. Add cooking water, if desired to help coat. Toss together for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat to incorporate flavors.
- Serve chicken sliced atop pasta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 701 cal
- 17.9 g
- 90.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Although this was a tasty dish, I really felt like it needed more flavor, and some sauce. The pasta was a little dry. Next time I make this, I think I will save some of the bacon drippings, and make..." See more a light cream sauce to toss it in so it won't be so dry. It was a nice simple recipe, and you could add a lot of different things to it to make it even better."
Rosemary Chicken with Whole Wheat Orecchiette
Spicy Mango Sweet Potato Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.