Mini Lemon Meringue Pies10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Simple, fun, mini lemon meringue pie recipe from scratch that tastes fresh and is great when you want to serve several different mini desserts together.” - by Lisawas
Original recipe yields 6 mini pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the 3 yolks in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk 3/4 cup of sugar with cornstarch and flour in a saucepan until thoroughly mixed; beat in the water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to a simmer. Add the egg yolks and butter, and mix with the whisk until the filling is smooth and thickened; remove from heat. Spoon the hot lemon filling into the mini graham cracker crusts.
- Beat the egg whites in a metal or glass bowl with 1/4 cup of sugar and the almond extract with an electric mixer until the meringue is fluffy and holds stiff peaks, 1 to 2 minutes. Top each lemon pie with about 1 inch of the meringue and spread into decorative swirls and peaks with a spatula. Cover all the lemon filling with meringue.
- Bake in preheated oven until the meringue is lightly golden brown with darker brown peaks and swirls, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 327 cal
- 10.4 g
- 54.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"A great dessert when you want to serve more than one option to guests...." See more"
"These tasted amazing! A little labor intensive but not too bad. Only thing I didn't like was that the graham cracker crust got a little soggy after the pies had been sitting for a little while. My col..." See morelege friends love it when I bake because I always have left-overs and they loved these as well. Will definitely be making again in the future."
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.