Super Easy Breakfast Sausage Loaf4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I was searching for a quick and easy breakfast for a group of picky youngsters and came up with my own super easy breakfast sausage loaf from ingredients normally found in any fridge. This can be as basic as dinner rolls/sausage/eggs/cheese...or jazz it up a bit with onions and green peppers. This can be put together the night before, frozen or made on the fly.” - by Rick
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage and brown sugar. Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Transfer sausage to a bowl; wipe the skillet clean.
- Melt the butter in the clean skillet over low heat. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Pour the eggs into the skillet. Allow the eggs to cook undisturbed until they begin to set, then gently stir the eggs until the curds are separate and set but not dry, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough, and line the bottom and sides of the prepared pan with 3/4 of the dough. Layer the sausage, scrambled eggs, and Colby-Monterey Jack cheese into the pan, then top with the remaining 1/4 of dough. Pinch the corners and sides of the dough together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 529 cal
- 36.9 g
- 25.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"The kids really liked it. The brown sugar gives a sweetness the kids crave. I had to pull it out of the oven five minutes early because the bread was about to burn. Used a bag of precrumbled sausage a..." See morend made it even easier. Overall a good recipe that we will likely make again. Simple and fast. Really 3.5 stars, but had to round up to be fair."
"I loved the simplicity! My 2 toddlers loved it, & I wasn't complaining. Maybe next time I'll try it with homemade biscuits in a muffin pan.... Thanks Rick!..." See more"
Easy Sausage Strata
Easy Sausage Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.