Sister Schubert's® Breakfast Bake10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Need to make breakfast for a crowd? Don't worry! This substantial casserole of eggs, cheese, onion, spinach, sausage and Sister Schubert's Whole Wheat Yeast Dinner Rolls can be assembled the night before and baked the next morning.” - by Sister Schubert's®
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Butter a 9 x 11- inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet; add onions and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook, tossing constantly until wilted. Place mixture in a colander and drain well by pressing spinach with the back of a large spoon. Transfer spinach to a clean cotton tea towel and carefully squeeze out the remaining moisture. Transfer spinach mixture to a cutting board and coarsely chop. Place bread pieces into prepared dish.
- Top with spinach, sausage and half of cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture over all and top with remaining cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until casserole puffs and center of casserole is set. If top of casserole is browning too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil during baking process. Allow 8 to 10 minutes of resting time before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 414 cal
- 29.3 g
- 18.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I used the leftover skillet rolls (Butterfluff Rolls from AR, that I baked in my cast iron skillet) from last night to make this breakfast bake. I did NOT have half-n-half so I subbed in fat free evap..." See moreorated milk. The spinach I used was frozen--I made sure to thaw it and really squeeze the moisture out of it before I added it to the casserole ingredients. I also sauteed the vegetables in butter because I happen to be out of oil right now. This turned out really good--my youngest especially liked it. Next time, I would add some fresh garlic and I'd cut back on the milk a little next time. This was a great way for me to use up leftover rolls and get a little "green" in the family's diet."
Sister Schubert's(R) Breakfast Sandwiches
Sister Schubert's(R) Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.