Jalapeno Lime Cheesecake5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 30 min
“A friend of mine e-mailed me to tell me that he'd dropped his jalapeno into his cheesecake...and that it was awesome! Inspired by my friend's clumsiness, I created this cheesecake. Sweet with a hint of heat at the end--all atop a graham cracker crust. Yum!” - by Nashville Nosher
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a large bowl until evenly moistened; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust has lightly browned and smells toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the cream cheese mixture before adding the next. Beat the flour, vanilla extract, and lime juice into the cream cheese mixture with the last egg. Fold the jalapeno pepper into the mixture; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue baking until the center has just set, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from the oven, run the tip of a paring knife around the edges of the pan, set the pan on a wire rack, and allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 1 hour before placing into the refrigerator, and cooling 4 hours to overnight.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 639 cal
- 49.3 g
- 40.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"wow im not going to mess with this recipe!! this is soo good thnxx for this so easy&simple!!! xo :) the lime keeps the jalapeno from over powering......" See more"
"I found it quite good when I served it to a group of friends. How ever it was a little tart .I would add another 1/2 cup of sugar and at least 6 jalapenos, I added 2 and did notice the were even there..." See more."
"My wife and I liked this, not loved it but liked it a lot. It was fun to make once to say I had a jalapeno cheesecake but it wasn't so terrific that I need to make it again. I will admit tho that I di..." See moredn't want to make a full 9-in. cheesecake to I taylored this down to fit a 9-in. Keebler graham crust. To do this I used 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tst vanilla, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup lime juice and 1 tsp lime zest. I baked at 350 for about 50 minutes or until center was almost set. Thanks for such a creative idea!"
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Key Lime Cheesecake II
Just swipe to see more like this.