Healthier Stuffed Peppers14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This healthier stuffed peppers recipe uses an assortment of colored peppers, lean ground beef, brown rice, fresh onion and garlic, and natural tomato sauce. So colorful and so healthy!” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook and stir beef, garlic, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the green, red, and yellow bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. Slice the bottoms off the peppers if necessary so that they stand upright.
- Mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Sprinkle the peppers with grated Parmesan cheese after baking.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 291 cal
- 11.1 g
- 28.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"We love stuffed peppers, but we don't love the heartburn most stuffed peppers cause. Fixed these for lunch today as per recipe, except we drained the browned meat and washed the excess grease off unde..." See morer hot running water. Then we placed the seeded peppers (green only) in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften them. They were awesome, with no need for the Tums. Thank you for this great recipe!"
"This was good. I used ground turkey and added salt and pepper while it was browning in the pan...." See more"
Stuffed Mexican Peppers
Kelsey's Favorite Stuffed Green Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.