Healthier Southern Peach Cobbler20 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This healthier version lets you enjoy sweetness from the peaches, not added sugar.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine peaches, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of flour mixture over them.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 446 cal
- 17.7 g
- 71 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"I really liked this--just be sure to watch it or it could burn if it bakes too long. It took about 20-25 minutes for our topping to get brown enough, 30 minutes would have been too much. The main th..." See moreing I liked is that you don't feel like you're eating pure sugar. The peaches shine, and if you wanted to add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to it you won't blow your diet. Pecans would also make a nice addition. Thanks for sharing your recipe!"
"super easy, whipped this up while the hubby was bbq-ing some chicken. substituted splenda for sugar, and didn't notice any sweetener-taste. the dough was nice and crumbly, and the peaches weren't over..." See morely sweet. i'd definitely make this again, and i'd likely add raspberries or something else to give it a little twist!"
"This is SO much better than regular peach cobbler. It doesn't give me that sick feeling from consuming too much sugar. I used honey in place of brown sugar and brown rice flour in place of the cornsta..." See morerch in the peach mixture. I used half whole wheat and half brown rice flour, 4 TBL vegan butter, and slightly less white sugar in the biscuit mixture. Thanks so much for submitting, I will be using this for apple cobbler also!"
Southern Peach Cobbler
Easy Peach Cobbler
Just swipe to see more like this.