Slow Cooker Gingerbread with Dried Cherries2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“No oven needed...this moist, cake like gingerbread slow cooks to give you irresistible taste and aroma. Dried cherries and vegetable juice make this classic recipe even better!” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs and molasses.
- Reduce the speed to low. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and the vegetable juice. Stir in the cherries. Pour the batter into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Spoon the gingerbread into bowls. Top with the whipped cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 807 cal
- 35.2 g
- 110.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I halved the recipe and made it in my small crockpot. I subbed diced dried apricots instead of cherries and added a small handful of crystallized ginger. I wish I had been able to stay close by whe..." See moren it was cooking because at 2 hours it was definitely done but the edges and bottom were on the verge of being burnt. I think 90 minutes would be more reasonable at least for the smaller cake. Overall the taste was good but it wasn't heavily ginger tasting which I would have liked more. It tasted more like spice cake to me. I will probably make this again but tweak it a bit to make it more moist and gingery."
Slow Cooker Bacon Potato Chowder
Slow Cooker Mole-Style Pulled Pork
Just swipe to see more like this.