Honeycrisp Apple, Cheddar and Cranberry Turnovers0 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Cheddar cheese is the perfect complement to the sweet fruit in these mouthwatering puff pastry turnovers. What a sophisticated dessert!” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 turnovers
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the apple, cheese, cranberries, pecans and sugar in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 (5-inch) circles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture in the center of each pastry. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Cut 3 slits in the top of each filled pastry. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 361 cal
- 23.1 g
- 29.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
Scalloped Apple Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.