BBQ Pork-Stuffed Corn Muffins7 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This new American classic-part Chinese pork bun, part corn dog-looked good, tasted great, and felt oh-so-right in my hand. Not only did the warm muffin feel good, but also I was eating cornbread with barbecue pork and my fingers were absolutely spotless!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 8 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray each cup with cooking spray.
- Stir together muffin mix, egg, milk, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in a bowl until combined.
- Fill muffin cups halfway with batter.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pulled pork to each cup.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Use the remaining 1/4 of shredded cheese to top each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 232 cal
- 10.2 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Really, really yummy! Has a lot of great elements that we love. Did the cooking spray trick and that definitely helped. Fantastic and picnic ready today...thank you...." See more"
"Skipped the paper liners and just sprayed the muffin tin. I didn't have Jiffy mix either but found an equivalent substitute from scratch from Chef John. This was a good and easy recipe to fix. I put t..." See morehis in my recipe box to fix again."
Savory Corn Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.