Momma Shea's Best Ever Meatloaf!5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This meatloaf is so moist and mouth watering, you will want seconds even if you can't fit any more in. Also makes amazing next day sandwiches. Mmmmmm..” - by cherrysprk
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the onion, carrots, and water into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth, adding more water if needed.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, pork, matzo meal, and eggs. Stir in the onion and carrot puree a little at a time until the meat mixture holds its shape (you may not need all the puree). Season with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and transfer to a baking dish. Pour the browning sauce and any remaining onion puree on top of the loaf. Fill baking dish with about 2-inches of water, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove the foil and pour ketchup in a zig-zag shape over the loaf during the last 15 minutes of baking. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Allow the meat loaf to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 389 cal
- 17.2 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Loved it! The puree is a great way to hide veggies from the kids..... I added bell pepper and garlic to the puree and used V8 instead of ketchup. Thank you for the recipe!..." See more"
winkmarino ; )
"I have made all kinds of different meatloaves, from thankgiving style turkey to plain and simple. I think this may be my new fav. I halved the recipe, using organic grass-fed beef, organic bread crumb..." See mores, I still used 2 carrots, halved all other ingredients kept everything else the same.It's def. a keeper!"
Best Ever Meat Loaf
Just swipe to see more like this.