Orange's Famous Oatmeal Scotchies!3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“These cookies are so good they have a reputation. Don't let me speak for them; make them yourself. Make sure you watch closely; you might not even see them disappear!” - by Orange
Original recipe yields 3 dozen cookies
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter mixture until completely blended; beat the vanilla into the mixture with the last egg.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture about 1/2 cup at a time. Fold the rolled oats and butterscotch chips into the resulting dough. If the dough isn't firm enough, mix in more rolled oats, about 1/4 cup at a time, until dough is of desired consistency.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 to 2 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop up dough by heaping tablespoonful and roll into balls. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very lightly browned and cookies are set in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets to finish cooling on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 147 cal
- 7.1 g
- 18.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I love traditional oatmeal cookies with walnuts and raisins, so this was a nice change. It was a little sweeter than I prefer but that may be because of the quality of chips I used, but it was still ..." See morevery good."
Bobbie's Oatmeal Cookies
Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.