Oatmeal Scotchies in a Pan9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Traditional and delicious oatmeal scotchies baked in a convenient 9x13 pan. Perfect every time!” - by ABELAIRE
Original recipe yields 24 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy, and beat in the eggs to make a creamy mixture. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, rolled oats, and 1 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan before cutting into bars and serving.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 253 cal
- 12.6 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Very sweet but VERY good! These wonderful cookies scream for milk, smiles. We couldn't stay away from them, even enjoying them for breakfast the next morning. Really, how bad can they be with oatme..." See moreal as a main ingredient, smiles. This will be made again and again. THANK YOU!"
"These were a hit! I only used 1 cup of morsels in the dough and just sprinkled a few on top and they were plenty sweet. Tip: Cream and Butter and sugars well - add the eggs one at a time incorporating..." See more each one then add your dry ingredients and just stir to combine. You don't want to develop the gluten in the flour. Spread into the pan and I baked for 30 minutes. Very tasty treat!"
It's A New Day
"I followed the recipe except for using chocolate chips instead of butterscotch (thought I had some but didn't). The dough was very dry and literally had to be pressed into the pan - there was no way ..." See moreof pouring it. The end result was very tough and they were only baked to the minimum time recommended. My husband asked where the chainsaw was so he could cut them up. I won't be making these again. The recipe definitely needs something - at least some vanilla."
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Chocolate Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.