Chicken Cacciatore II2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Great recipe from a high-end cooking store.” - by krzylittlecara
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Press each chicken piece into the flour and tap off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost smoking hot.
- Pan-fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Work in batches so as to not overcrowd the pan. Set the browned chicken aside.
- Stir the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic into the Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushroom; cook until they release their juice, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Mix in oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, white wine, and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken pieces to the sauce, cover the pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in capers and sprinkle with basil to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 587 cal
- 29.7 g
- 23.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I prepared the recipe as written except I didn't have any wine and I used dried basil and I added black olives. After tasting this, it was somewhat bland so I added extra Italian seasoning and stirred..." See more in a little sour cream before serving (per another cacciatore recipe). All in all it turned out tasty with a few modification so this is a great base recipe I will probably make again. One other note, I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces before re-adding them to the pot to reduce cooking time and this whole recipe ended up taking about half an hour to prepare!"
Chef John's Chicken Cacciatore
Simple Chicken Cacciatore
Just swipe to see more like this.