Chicken Marsala Over White Rice14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A simple-to-make but delicious chicken Marsala recipe. Serve over hot cooked rice.” - by tdonoso
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set rice aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with salt, black pepper, and oregano. Gently press the chicken breasts into the flour mixture to coat, and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside and golden brown outside, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain the cooked chicken on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet over medium heat while scraping up any brown bits with a spoon. Stir in the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, and cook and stir until they are tender and have released their liquid, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, then stir in the Marsala wine and chicken stock.
- Transfer the chicken back to the skillet, and spoon sauce over chicken pieces. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 562 cal
- 13.5 g
- 66.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making Chicken Marsala this way for at least 25 years and it is the most simple and delicious recipe. Do try it, you will not be disappointed. I will add that I use Sweet Marsala as opp..." See moreosed to the Dry Marsala and use more crushed garlic. Also, you can place the cooked chicken breasts into a baking pan and then top with the sauce and place in the oven, covered, for approxiamtely 20 minutes at 325 degrees; an alternative to the stove top method."
"I made this last night. It was very good, and I'll make it again but change a few things. A cup of flour was way too much, I'll try a half next time. And there wasn't enough liquid - I'll double or..." See more maybe triple the liquids next time. Thanks for the recipe - easy and tasty."
"Made this for the 1st time tonite. Didn't need the whole cup of flour, maybe 1/2? I didn't have any white rice, so I doubled the gravy and served on a platter of egg noodles. I was multi-tasking, s..." See moreo I went with one of the reviewers suggestions and put in a baking dish in the oven for 25 mins. I Don't Think I'll do that again. While the chicken Was Tender and flavorful, it caused the breading to have a slightly "Wet/Rubbery" texture. Next time, I'll try the original skillet method. This is just me nit-picking tho. The recipe is Definately a Keeper!"
Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice
Busy Day Chicken and Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.