Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Here's a quick and easy recipe using any brand of biscuit baking mix for a delicious old favorite. Top with whipped topping and you've got a lovely dessert for family or company.” - by Kaye Lynn
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cake
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 9-inch baking pan in the preheating oven. Remove pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple chunks in a single layer over the butter and brown sugar, then sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Beat biscuit baking mix, white sugar, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and egg together in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and continue beating until batter is smooth, about 4 minutes more.
- Slowly pour batter over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Run a paring knife between the cake and the edge of the pan to loosen cake. Cover the cake pan with a plate, and invert it to flip the cake out of the pan and onto the plate. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 206 cal
- 9.9 g
- 28.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Hi all, I am the submitter of this recipe. I have found that increasing the butter to 1/2 cup and the brown sugar to 3/4 cup makes this cake even better. I often mix a TBSP of dark rum and a TBSP of t..." See morehe drained pineapple juice to the sauce for added flavor. A can of crushed pineapple works well for this recipe also. Kaye"
"Quick and delicious!!! I mixed the cake batter by hand until smooth. It turned out perfect!..." See more"
"I made this for my CEO's birthday...per his wife, it's his favorite. I've never made Pineapple Upside Down Cake before so I was attracted to the word "Easy." Not only was it easy, but it got rave re..." See moreviews from everyone in the office. I used the suggested variations (1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the drained pineapple juice) and it was perfect. I'd recommend this 100%!"
Cottage Pudding - Upside Down Cake
Easy Pineapple Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.