Dad's Banana Nut Bread3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“My dad made this bread for years to the delight to our family. Pair it with a dish of fruit and a cup of coffee for breakfast. Yum! The flax seed meal gives a great texture without altering the flavor.” - by tjmallick
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the bananas.
- Mix in the self-rising flour and flax seed meal until just incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 182 cal
- 9.6 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a wonderful banana bread. I did not have any flax seed meal, so made my own by putting flax seeds in the food processor. Also added 2 teaspoons of banana extract. BUT there must be an error ..." See morein the bake time, wondering whether this is a publishing error as after 25 minutes like the recipe states my cake was still total goo! Had to cook for a total for 65 minutes."
"Great recipe and super easy. I baked mine in my bread machine using the quick breads setting and it came out beautifully. This is now my official "go to" banana bread recipe...." See more"
Extreme Banana Nut Bread 'EBNB'
Banana Maple Nut Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.