White Chili VII4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 8 hr
- Ready In: 8 hr 25 min
“I altered a combination of two different recipes to come up with this chili. It's kind of like a mild green chili that's white with beans.” - by GrandmaBonnie
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onion and celery to the skillet; cook and stir until the vegetables are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a slow cooker.
- Mix in the garlic powder, cumin, bay leaf, salt, black pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers, green chilies, chicken stock, water, and great Northern beans.
- Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours, or on High 4 to 5 hours. Remove the bay leaf from the mixture. Stir the sour cream and heavy cream through the chili to serve.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 349 cal
- 16.1 g
- 31.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This chili cannot be called mild, but it's very tasty! If you are sensitive to spice, don't add the jalapenos or cut back the cayenne, or both. Chili is forgiving that way. That being said, I didn't r..." See moreeduce anything, because we like it on the spicy side. I was in a huge hurry when I made this though, so instead of starting everything in the skillet, I threw everything straight into the slow cooker, including whole chicken breasts. Before serving, I shredded them in the pot. Also, after tasting, I decided that it needed a little something on the sweet side to cut the spicy a tad, so I added a can of corn, and it was perfect. I will definitely make this again, and I'm looking forward to lunch this week!"
"OH MY GOSH! So hot! I absolutely love spicy food but this was so spicy I got through half a bowl before I had to quit. With a runny nose and sweat dripping off my forehead I can say it was tasty bu..." See moret I would definitely cut back on the peppers and chilies! I made a whole crockpot full and no one in my family can eat it."
"We loved this recipe. I took the advice of the other reviewers and backed off the peppers using a half green serrano pepper instead. I also added corn as suggested. I cooked it on top of the stove i..." See morenstead of the slow cooker and only simmered it about 20 minutes. The aroma brought my husband out of his study to help set the table. He was anxious to try it!"
Creamy White Chili
Slow Cooker White Chili with Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.