Mexican Potato Nachos68 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is so good, and it's great for a pot luck. Try pepper-jack cheese for the Cheddar for a little more kick.” - by lois
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a large bowl; toss the potato slices in the oil to coat.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the potato slices are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While potato slices are baking, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; brown the ground beef in the hot oil, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Mix the black beans into the ground beef; stir in the taco seasoning and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the flavors have blended, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the potato slices on a serving platter and sprinkle with half the Cheddar cheese.
- Top the potatoes with the meat and bean mixture; sprinkle the remaining cheese on the nachos.
- Spread the lettuce out over the nachos and garnish with tomato and dollops of sour cream and guacamole.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 327 cal
- 20.3 g
- 20 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"Made this for Recipe Group...We LOVED these! Made as written, except for adding some garlic powder to the potatoes, along w/ the salt and pepper while they were baking, and flipping them 1/2 way throu..." See moregh, so they would brown evenly. They were great as is, but I think next time I will add some green onions and maybe a bit of salsa or taco sauce to the top as well, just for a little something extra. What a fun twist... I will def be making these again~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"This was pretty good. Didn't have black beans, so used refried beans in this. Also cut the potatoes to 1/4" thickness instead of 1/2", as we wanted the potatoes to stretch a little further and be th..." See moreinner and crispier. Added a little chili powder to the potatoes, too, when baking. Nice flavour and texture to this meal."
Over the Top Nachos
Just swipe to see more like this.