Spicy Ginger Chicken Wings10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“These wings are sweet, spicy and sticky but if you're into the sweet ginger but don't like spicy, just leave out the serrano chilies. Make sure to test your chilies, 'cause there can be a lot of variation in heat!” - by Melissa Killion
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blot chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and place the flour in another bowl. Dip chicken wings into the egg, then into the flour to lightly coat, shaking off the excess.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pan fry the chicken wings until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently boil the cider vinegar, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, monosodium glutamate, salt, serrano chile peppers, and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss the browned chicken wings in the sauce to coat, then transfer the wings to large baking dish with a slotted spoon. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes, rotating and basting with the reserved sauce after 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the chicken wings before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 539 cal
- 34.4 g
- 41.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"These were a big hit at my football playoff get together! Made them exactly as the recipe called out and they were amazing! Was told that these were the best wings ever..." See more"
"These were good. Didn't pan fry, put them in the flour and baked at 425 for 15-20 minutes, then dipped in sauce, reduced oven temp to 350 and cooked for 30 minutes, basted after 15...." See more"
"Thank you for a tasty wing recipe! We really liked this. These are FULL of flavor! I did make some adjustments for our tastes. First I could only fit 1/2 the wings in my pan for searing, so I cut the ..." See morebutter (i did use butter instead of margarine) way down. I used 1/4 cup butter and cooked the chicken about 4 minutes on each side. I didn't need any more butter to cook the 2nd batch of chicken - there was enough fat in the pan. In the sauce I used 3 serrano's but I did seed them first. I also cut the ginger down to 1 tbsp. I LOVE ginger, but I thought 2 tbsp might be too strong for our tastes. I did have the other tbsp on hand just in case to add it if needed, but I didn't use it. I reduced the sauce down until thick. It took a little longer than 7 mins though. Maybe about 15 mins but it was worth it. I think next time I will cook it down even longer for a thicker sauce with a stronger flavor. Either way - we really LOVED these and will make them again. The star of this recipe is the sauce - it is soooo gooood! Reduce it down until it tastes the best to you. I left out the msg and the sesame seeds too"
Baked Chicken Wings
Ginger Orange Glazed Chicken Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.