Coconut Joy Cookies6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“Chewy coconut cookies chock full of chocolate chips and crunchy chocolate almond candy pieces.” - by CookinBug
Original recipe yields 18 cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and coconut extract.
- Combine both amounts of flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; mix into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup almond candy pieces, and flaked coconut until evenly distributed.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges become golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, press a few of the remaining 1/4 cup almond candy pieces into each cookie decoratively.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 192 cal
- 10.2 g
- 24.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"As the first reviewer, I just have to say that these are AWESOME!!!!! Made exactly as written (except for using mini choco. chips b/c that's all I had) and would not change a thing. They smelled fanta..." See morestic while baking and had great texture and flavor. As a lover of the chocolate/coconut combo, I knew these were gonna be good, but they are not just good, they are fantastic and downright addicting, lol! I did put some extra candies on top before baking and they cracked, so I may put them on after baking next time so they are prettier. Me and the little guy had a lot of fun making these, though I think he had more fun eating the candies, lol. These cookies are definitely going into my favorite cookies file. Thanks, Bug, for sharing this wonderfully yummy recipe! :)"
"Spectacular cookies! If you love the combination of chocolate and coconut you must try these cookies. I followed the recipe exactly and mine were done at 8 minutes in my convection oven. I liked th..." See moreat these didn't spread much so I could load up the cookie sheets. I ended up with 30 cookies using my tablespoon cookie scoop. This really is a wonderful cookie and one I will make many times. Thank you for the recipe CookinBug."
"These have to be one of the most fabulous cookies ever. The perfect combination of chewy and crunchy. The taste is pure summer in every bite! I followed the recipe exactly, my only advise is double,..." See more triple or quadruple this recipe as the single batch is simply not enough!!! I doubled and made 24 large size cookies. As always I make dough balls and place on a baking tray in the freezer, once frozen (About 20-30 minutes) I remove from the tray and store in zip lock bags. When required bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes. The perfect crackled cookie every time. NOTE ~ I did struggle to find the almond joy pieces in my local grocery stores but eventually found them for sale at Target. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!"
Chewy Crispy Coconut Cookies
Coconut Macadamia Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.