Sausage and Bean Slow Cooker Dinner6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 4 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“This hearty slow cooker dinner will fill your kitchen with a delicious aroma and isn't that same old chicken and cream-of-something slow cooker meal. Serve it with a crisp green salad and a loaf of crunchy bread for a stick-to-your-ribs dinner. This tastes better the longer it cooks, so letting it cook on Low for an entire work day will only improve the taste.” - by janet7th
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Remove the sausages, and cut them into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch pieces.
- Pour the beef stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, and hot sauce into the skillet with the onion and bring the mixture to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- Place the carrots into a slow cooker, followed by the garbanzo beans and kidney beans.
- Arrange the sausage pieces on top.
- Pour the sauce from the skillet into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 392 cal
- 15.5 g
- 35.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The broth was tasty. So much so, that I would want to double it. Adding rotini pasta might be tasty. Having the sausages cut to 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch pieces to too big. Instead, try three quarters of a..." See moren inch. Siracha in place of Tabasco adds a better quality spice."
"This was very good. The only reason why I gave it 4 is because I added stuff to it. I added a can of white beans and jar of green chili's. We also said you could easily add peppers of any kind to it t..." See moreo add more flavor, but it was VERY good and a big hit!"
"I really liked this recipe! I changed a few ingredients just because I didn't have them. I was out of garbanzo beans, so I used great northern beans instead and omitted the tomato paste because I didn..." See more't have that either. I used hot smoked sausage, threw in a dash of garlic, some cayenne and some chilies for extra spice as well as 2 cups of beef stock. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. At the last minute I decided to throw in some rotini, so I'm glad I used extra broth. I thought this was soooooo tasty, but my boyfriend said it was "missing something". Next time I'll try it with the garbanzo beans, I think they would've been better. Either way, I loved it. This is a very flexible recipe and even though it doesn't look like a lot of food, it's very filling. :)"
Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.