Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Received from a friend many years ago and love it!” - by colagal
Original recipe yields 2 4x8-inch loaves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour two 4x8-inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until light and foamy; mix in vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and zucchini until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Stir the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture.
- Mix in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 374 cal
- 19.1 g
- 48.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I cut the flour back to 2 1/2 cups and added an additional 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to make up the difference. I also increased the baking powder to a full teaspoon and used pecans instead of walnuts. ..." See moreI made muffins out of this recipe, I was able to get 18 muffins. I did bake them at 350 for just about 22 minutes. This recipe turned out moist and delicious--I'm really glad I thought to increase the cocoa powder. My kids both thought it needs more chocolate chips. I think I could get away with cutting back the sugar by half next time and increasing the chocolate chips, maybe use mini-chocolate chips."
"this bread is more like a cake..it is very moist i think the amount of oil should be reduced to 1/2 cup it almost is a little greasy so much so it most definitly has a tendancy to stick to the pan bo..." See morettom even using a quality no stick pan otherwise enjoy my family did"
"Enjoyed this very much, substituted 1/2 cup of Oil and 1/2 cup of Applesauce to cut down on the oil and greasy consistency as mentioned in the other review...Made one loaf for home and one for my girl..." See morefriend to take to work...everyone's loved it. One thing I've noticed is the Chocolate chips and nuts take on the flavor of the Zucchini more so than the actual bread does. It's almost like eating Coco Puffs...but it's pretty epic...I'll be making this again when fresh pumpkin is out of season :D"
Chocolate Zucchini Bread I
Amazing Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.