Candied Bacon Pigs2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 4 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 5 hr
“If you have seen recipes for little smokies wrapped in bacon, this recipe takes it a couple steps further. It's totally worth the extra work and always gobbled up quickly!” - by lobstah_luva
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Wrap each little sausage with 1/3 slice of bacon, and secure them with toothpicks.
- Place the appetizers on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sugar is melted and bubbling, about 40 minutes; turn the appetizers after 20 minutes.
- Remove the appetizers from the baking sheet with a slotted spoon, and place into a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup of brown sugar and the five-spice powder over the smokies, and drizzle with the cola. If desired, add hot sauce to taste.
- Set the cooker to High, and cook 4 hours. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 291 cal
- 17.1 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I use a simiar recipe for chiken but I also add 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke and two teaspoons of chopped jalepeno peppers. It's addictive!..." See more"
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts II
Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs
Just swipe to see more like this.