Pork Chop Hominy Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“My mom used to make this. I don't know where she got the recipe. My husband and kids don't like hominy (corn's big cousin) but they love this. Mom tried to make it several times, but every time she opened the can of hominy, there were pork and beans inside, so she would say 'Well kids, it's beans again tonight!'” - by DEBI EMILEE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pan-fry pork chops until browned, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Arrange pork chops in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the hominy over the pork chops.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the hominy.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbling and the pork chops are tender, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 387 cal
- 12.6 g
- 36.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Made this last week but I wasn't able to post on my iPad. )-: Do not buy white hominy with this dish. It was so ugly on the plate. All white. If you are trying to introduce people to hominy, this m..." See moreight do it. It's good for kids IMO but it lacked umph for me. Maybe some vegetables, green onion? Also, there was no size of pork so how can you cook it for an hour without the pork being rubber? I could see this used with a pork loin. there was plenty of sauce left over."
Kent's Pork Chop Casserole
Cheesy Pork Chop Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.