Benny's Famous Jalapeno Poppers11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“These poppers are a hit when grilled or done in the oven. There are never any leftovers! Be sure to grill these first and serve as an appetizer to your guests and pair it with a frosty cold beer!” - by Bennyh614
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, corn, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Be sure the toothpick pokes through the bacon as well as the pepper.
- Place the poppers face down on the grill over direct heat. Grill until bacon is crispy and brown, about 5 minutes; turn the poppers over and grill until bacon is crisp on other side, 5 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 168 cal
- 13 g
- 5.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Saved the best for last. Just when I thought I was not going to find a popper recipe that sounded right....i got to the last one. And just in time for Superbowl!! Love the crunch of the corn and the m..." See moreix of cream and cheddar cheese. Love them bacon wrapped and grilled rather than breaded. Worked great in the oven!! Made a test batch today, don't want to mess up the Superbowl snacks ;) Thanks for the recipe!"
"Loved the corn added to the mixture for this popper. It gave the popper more substance and they were very filling. I used jalapeños and mini red, yellow and orange peppers for the people who couldn'..." See moret take the heat from the jalapeños. Both types were very well received. I made as written and used turkey bacon to help cut calories. This will be made often this summer as grilling season starts. Thanks Bennyh614 for sharing your recipe."
"I made these without the corn. My husband made fun of me for making about 50 of them, said there was no way our little crowd would eat that many. Well guess what, everyone loved them and they were g..." See moreone in no time flat! They are simple, but time consuming to make, but maybe if you're not making 50, it wouldn't take that long... Will be making these again. Make sure to give them enough time in the over/grill for the bacon to crisp up a little."
Sausage Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers from Idahoan(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.