Big Game Hot Wings2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“I have made these wings for my husband's Super Bowl party for the last 10 years. This sauce can be prepared ahead of time and freezes well. Recipe can be tweaked to suit your taste for heat and sweetness.” - by cookingmama
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring water, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk yellow mustard and ketchup into the sauce.
- Stir in the orange. Bring sauce back to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the chicken wings in a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the wings are browned and no longer pink inside, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir the baked wings into the sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 170 cal
- 5.2 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"These were delicious! I cooked for 35 minutes in oven, then cooked another 25 minutes, basting and turning wings every 5 minutes or so. If you don't like a super-saucy wing (like my husband) they're..." See more perfect just like that. If you love extra sauce, go crazy on top of that baked in flavor once they're done. Will definitely be making again. These aren't super-spicy as written, but like the directions say, it's easy to tweak the spiciness to your liking."
Detroit Hot Honey Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.