Big Game Spicy Beer Cheese Soup3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is an intensely cheesy, spicy rich beer soup that will be a TOUCHDOWN in your home and gone by the end of the game. Serve with popcorn or hunks of sourdough bread for dipping.” - by Challena
Original recipe yields 12 serving
- Melt the butter with olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the celery, carrots, and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, beer, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, white pepper, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup and the Cheddar cheese soup; bring soup back to a simmer.
- Stir in the processed cheese and allow to melt. When it has melted, slowly mix in the pepperjack and sharp Cheddar cheeses, a little at a time, allowing each addition to melt into the soup before adding the next.
- Simmer the soup over low heat until the cheese has completely melted and the flavors have blended, 15 to 20 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 428 cal
- 29.2 g
- 16.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I halved the recipe to six servings and the only change I made was to add in two medium cooked shredded chicken breast. I cooked the breast in a pressure cooker and used that broth for the soup. All ..." See morethe flavors of the spices came together very well in this soup. My husband and sons really enjoyed it. I threw some broccoli in the leftover soup I had for lunch the next day and that was a great addition also. I certainly will make this again."
"Spicy! It came out a lot more spicy than I thought it would. I wish I would have added some meat or veggies to it because it was rather plain. I served it with bread to dip and that was a lot easie..." See morer to eat than just the soup alone since it was so spicy."
Beer and Gouda and Soup
Wisconsin Native's Beer Cheese Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.