Lighter Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo13 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This version of chicken fettuccine alfredo is lightened by substituting some of the heavy cream with chicken broth.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine chicken breasts and chicken broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn breasts, cover, and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit with the cover on for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from the broth and set aside to cool, reserving the broth in the saucepan. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size slices.
- Return the chicken broth to medium heat and cook until reduced to 1 cup.
- Stir garlic, black pepper, and heavy cream into the reduced broth; bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl until smooth. Beat 1 tablespoon of the warm cream mixture into the eggs until thoroughly incorporated; repeat until about 1/2 cup of the warm cream mixture is used.
- Whisk the warm cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture almost comes to a simmer and thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until nearly cooked through, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Stir parsley, 1 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and cream mixture into the pasta. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for a few minutes until thick.
- Fold chicken and 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano into the pasta mixture to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 764 cal
- 41.9 g
- 60 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Hmmm, looks interesting. I wonder if it would work to use fat free half and half? Or just regular half and half? I've used fat free in clam chowder in past and was a real hit... I may have to try!..." See more"
"This was a tasty dish. However, I can't reconcile the calories and fat with my current dietary requirements of a low fat diet, so I will not make it again...." See more"
Homemade Chicken Fettuccine
Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccini Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.