Ultimate Chocolate Dessert25 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 10 min
“Luckily, richer, sexier, and more decadent is exactly what this chocolate mocha pot de creme recipe is all about.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir chocolate, instant coffee, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Heat cream, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it just begins to simmer.
- Pour hot cream mixture over the chocolate mixture; let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture for 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Pour the mixture into four small espresso cups. Tap to remove any air bubbles. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Serve topped with grated chocolate or add lightly whipped cream and dust with cocoa.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 377 cal
- 29.4 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"Oh, this one's sinful. I made this on a large scale for a dessert bar I had for my son's graduation party. Out of the 7 desserts I made, this was the one people went gaga over. It's so simple. It'..." See mores very rich. the serving size is spot on. Any larger and you wouldn't be able to finish it. It's funny 2 different people at my party described it as "See's candy truffle in a dish." This was said at two different times by two different people. This is a very rich, thick grown up pudding. Even my husband likes it, and he's not a real pudding person. Thanks so much Chef John. Ya got a winner here!"
"Please help me. Mine was in the fridge for over eight hours and did not set up one bit. I followed the recipe and instructions to the T, I even watched the tutorial video. I was really crushed when I ..." See morewent to serve this to my husband for an early Fathers Day treat."
"I can't stop eating this dessert! I have made it 3 times and the only change I make is that I add a little extra instant coffee. This dessert goes great with raspberry vodka and other strong liquors (..." See morein very small amounts - usually a few drops per serving). The longer you keep this in the fridge the more the chocolate will clump together and harden - but I like it better that way. Brilliant!"
Banana Chocolate Chip Dessert
Easy Chocolate Creme Brulee
Just swipe to see more like this.