Ragin' Cajun Pasta6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This recipe includes lots of our favorite things and can easily be adapted to use what you have on hand. A crusty bread for dipping in the sauce would be great with this!” - by Staci
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- Boil the fettuccine until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Heat the butter and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat; stir in the sausage, tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion.
- Cook and stir until the sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken, shrimp, white wine, cajun seasoning, milk, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with pepper and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 565 cal
- 23.7 g
- 50.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The flavor on this is wonderful. I used Andouille sausage instead of the smoked sausage so I reduced the Cajun spices by a half teaspoon. All the vegies on this too makes this dish very interesting...." See more My family loved this even the picky ones! The sauce is way too thin however. Next time I will try making a thicker sauce by taking half the butter and garlic, adding a tablespoon of flour and sauteeing for 2 minutes, then adding fat-free half&half instead of milk, stirring constantly until thickened and then adding the parmesan cheese. Then I'll add it all to the vegies/meat. Hope this works!"
"Yum! This was fabulous. Loved all the veggies and it smelled so good while cooking. I did have to change the recipe just a bit. I left out the shrimp due to allergies, I know its a big part of the rec..." See moreipe but I really wanted to try it anyway. So I added a bit more chicken and sausage to make up for the shrimp. I cooked the chicken in a bit of olive oil and seasoned with the Cajun spice. I finished the pasta in the sauce so I had no problem with it being to thin. Great recipe. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Great recipe, except each time I make it, I forget that the sauce ends up too watery and runny for my liking. Typically I end up adding a slight roux to thicken the sauce. Next time I'm going to try..." See more either less milk or use yogurt instead. But overall an awesome, delicious meal with perfect spices! Thanks for sharing! :)"
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.