Scallops and Creamy Pea Fettuccine1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Light and quick!” - by michelkeylargo
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the fettuccini at a boil until cooked through yet slightly firm, about 6 minutes; drain.
- Season the scallops salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the scallops until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to a plate.
- Pour the clam juice into the skillet.
- Whisk together the low-fat milk, flour, white pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until the mixture is smooth; whisk into the clam juice. Reduce heat to low and bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the scallops and any accumulated juices to the skillet and stir in the peas until thoroughly combined. Return to a simmer.
- Gently mix the cooked fettuccine, 1/2 cup of Romano cheese, chives, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the scallops and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Romano cheese to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 554 cal
- 13.7 g
- 64.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Overall a good flavor. It is a good thing that my husband loves peas, because there were way too many. Could have been great with only 1 cup. Also, the sauce was a little too thick. Some chicken b..." See moreroth would have been light and helped to keep it from being so heavy. Nice lemon, cheese, and chive blend."
Creamy Pea Soup from National Dairy Council
Just swipe to see more like this.