Steak au Poivre with a Curry Twist2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“South Beach-type recipe that switches things up by using red curry instead of paprika. The curry sauce is delicious. Often I will double or triple the sauce recipe to use over rice or with chicken.” - by CARMOMOF4
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix 1 clove of crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of crushed peppercorns together in a small bowl. Press a small amount of the mixture on both sides of the steaks.
- Prepare a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and place over medium heat. Arrange steaks in a single layer.
- Cook the steaks until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the green, red, and yellow bell pepper strips, the onion, and 1 clove of minced garlic in a clean skillet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Mix the beef bouillon granules, red curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed peppercorns, evaporated milk, and water into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until the bouillon granules have dissolved.
- Continue to cook the sauce, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes; stir in the bell pepper mixture and heat through.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 291 cal
- 13 g
- 8.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is good. I doubled the recipe because I had larger steaks. I did not double the peppercorns though, because I felt it would be too much and I was right. If you really love spicy, keep it the same..." See more, if you like it the way I do, cut it in half. The sauce could also use some salt. I like my sauce thicker, so I added a tiny bit of cornstarch. Came out nice. Thanks!"
Chef John's Steak Pizzaiola
Chicken Fried Steak II
Just swipe to see more like this.