Valentine's Day Strawberry Muffins8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“These muffins get their name from the sliced strawberry on top that resembles a heart. Perfect for Valentine's Day or when you have too many strawberries.” - by PICKYJESSICA
Original recipe yields 24 muffins
- Mix lemon juice with as much milk as needed to measure 1 cup; let the soured milk stand for 5 minutes before using.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time; add the lemon extract.
- Gradually stir in the lemon zest and soured milk.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl.
- Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Place a strawberry slice atop each muffin and sprinkle with some of the 1 tablespoon white sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before serving warm.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 181 cal
- 6.1 g
- 28.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"These are really good. I was lazy and didn't put the strawberries on top and instead sprinkled them with red and white sugar crystal sprinkles. Everyone was surprised at how good strawberries taste in..." See more a muffin."
Healthier To Die For Blueberry Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.