Cajun Baked Catfish Dijon5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Simple tasty baked fish recipe with that Cajun kick. Good for any flaky white fish fillets but catfish is the classic. Be careful how you mix the Dijon and the hot sauce, one overpowers the other or the two overpower the fish. I like to sprinkle some strong paprika (i.e. cayenne) at presentation for effect. Garnish with lemon wedges.” - by Doctor Greg
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the catfish in a shallow baking dish; season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Spread onion slices over the fish.
- Dot fish with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Preheat the oven's broiler.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and hot chile oil together in a bowl.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the fish.
- Return the fish to the oven and broil until the sauce is browned and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 753 cal
- 64.9 g
- 7.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely loved it. Liked it so much I added a picture. My fiance' made Cajun rice and broccoli to go with it...." See more"
"This was a good, easy and quick to prepare dish. I didn't have hot chili oil so I mixed some cayenne powder into the mustard and mayo mixture; it probably didn't change the end result very much...." See more"
Herb Baked Catfish
Onion Dijon Crusted Catfish
Just swipe to see more like this.