Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage Ragu with Roasted Eggplant and Tomato7 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Sundried tomato chicken sausage adds extra flavor to this roasted vegetable dish.” - by al fresco all natural
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and onions together on the pan.
- Blend the minced garlic with 2 tablespoon of the olive oil and black pepper. Pour over the vegetables, toss to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until nicely browned and the eggplant is tender. Set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brown the sundried tomato chicken sausage slices.
- Add the red wine, cook 1 minute, add the pasta sauce, chicken broth, chopped basil and sundried tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the roasted vegetables, and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 184 cal
- 9.7 g
- 13 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I had to roast the veggies for about 35 minutes to get some color on them. The eggplant really cooked down, so the next time I make this, I will cut a little larger than 1/2" cubes (ragu needs some s..." See moreubstance). Also, do yourself a favor and use a 12" skillet. I ended up having to brown the sausage in two batches, and by the time I added the sauce ingredients, the 10" skillet was full (and I slopped sauce all over the stove stirring it). Be sure to use a decent pasta sauce and red wine, as I think this is key to the rich flavor of the sauce. The fresh veggies really shine in this recipe. Served this over penne, the chicken sausage was really tasty, and the sun dried tomato added another layer of flavor to this recipe. Enjoyed this, and I definitely will make it again. All in all, a pretty heart-healthy meal."
"Made this last night and it really turned out well! I followed the recipe as described - maybe went a little heavy on the zucchini but can you really have too much zucchini? :) This will definitely..." See more be made in the future at my house!"
"First off, the sausage is incredible! The food was very nice but the cooking time and portions of ingredients were a little off. Only use half an onion and double the amount of eggplant. Then, roast t..." See morehe vegetables in the oven for 35 minutes as another helpful reviewer suggested."
Grilled Mediterranean Greek Pizza with Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
Roasted Pepper and Asiago Chicken Sausage Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
Just swipe to see more like this.