Grilled Chipotle Chorizo Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Kabobs15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Grill these sausage and vegetable skewers and serve with a side of couscous.” - by al fresco all natural
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Lime Marinade: Combine all ingredients in food processor. Puree until fine. Set aside.
- Saffron Couscous: Coat a medium sauce pan with olive oil and saute the Israeli couscous and white onion over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the Saffron, saute for an additional 2 minutes. Lower the heat and add the white wine. Slowly add the boiling water. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until couscous is light and fluffy.
- Combine olive oil, green, red, & orange peppers. Coat vegetables well and pre-grill for 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble skewers; slide one piece al fresco Chipotle Chorizo Chicken Sausage onto skewer, followed by pineapple, green pepper, shrimp, orange pepper, zucchini, and red pepper. Repeat pattern until skewer is full. Marinate in lime marinade, refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Grill over a medium high flame, use a pastry brush to baste skewers with any free lime marinade. Grill 5 - 7 minutes per side or until shrimp turn opaque in color.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 551 cal
- 19.5 g
- 59.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Yum! My hubby loves Chorizo and these were a huge hit! I love that you can mix up different veggies according to taste - i served with a quinoa dish and it was perfect...." See more"
"We really liked this recipe. I changed up the veggies a little to use what I had on hand. Did not care for the couscous as it was very bland. Next time I will try it with rice...." See more"
Grilled Mediterranean Greek Pizza with Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
Cuban Beans and Rice with Chipotle Chorizo Chicken Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.