Homemade Chocolate Walnut Brownies16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Walnuts really make the difference with this simple homemade treat. Rich and delicious!” - by California Walnut Board
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x9" square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Note: it is important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture or the eggs will cook.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 367 cal
- 21.6 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This is a GREAT brownie recipe!!! I love it!!! Way better than any boxed brownies! The only thing I adjusted was I put the batter in a 13x9 glass pan and baked it for 30 minutes and they came out perf..." See moreect!!! And might I suggest, put some chocolate chips in the batter before putting it in the oven. That makes them really good!"
"I use salted butter in this recipe, pecans instead of walnuts and I add a half teaspoon of salt. One of THE best brownies I've ever had. Wanna really make this decadent? Frost these babies with Browni..." See moree Frosting, which is also from this site. Best cure for anything I can think of!!"
Spinach Lasagna with Walnut Pesto
Garlic and Walnut Crusted Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.