Stuffed Pork Loin with Wild Rice, Apricot and Walnut Stuffing0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This satisfying and visually stunning entree rewards all the senses. With Middle Eastern roots, it layers textures and flavors that meld into a memorable sensory feast. The sweet and savory wild rice stuffing features two legendary foods: soft, tangy dried apricots and crunchy, sweet walnuts.” - by California Walnut Board
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a medium saucepan, combine wild rice and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 23-25 minutes for brown or wild rice (15-20 minutes for white rice). Cook until broth is absorbed, then remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, melt butter over moderate heat in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook gently, stirring frequently, until softened. Add walnuts and continue to cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then scrape mixture into a large bowl.
- When rice is ready, add it to the walnut mixture, then stir and toss with a fork to combine. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Add apricots, parsley, chives and eggs to the rice mixture. Stir until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Lay the pork loin out flat on a clean work surface. Spread it with the garlic, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread cooled rice mixture over meat, then roll loin up, snugly like a carpet.
- Using heavy-duty cotton string, tie the roast firmly around its circumference in three or four places, at 2-inch intervals. If stuffing oozes from the ends, push it back it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the oil in a heavy, ovenproof skillet, or coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and place over high heat. Brown the rolled-up roast, turning it frequently, for 8-10 minutes.
- Place in oven until thermostat inserted into center reads 160 degrees F, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing crosswise into 10 pieces, about 1/2-3/4 inches thick.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 426 cal
- 25.1 g
- 23.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Spinach Lasagna with Walnut Pesto
Mixed Greens with Grilled Steak and Walnut Romesco
Just swipe to see more like this.