Amazing Peanut Butter Cup Biscotti13 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“My family loves biscotti, so I brought together peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to make another flavor for our biscotti jar. Hubby claims that these are amazing, hence the name Amazing Peanut Butter Cup Biscotti. Wrapped in cellophane bags, they are perfect for bake sales.” - by SHORECOOK
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the milk and vanilla extract together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the peanut butter mixture before adding the next.
- Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each section into a 4x5-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Transfer the dough pieces onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
- Place biscotti loaves on wire racks to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cut each loaf into 1/2-inch slices.
- Return the slices to the baking sheets with the cut sides up.
- Bake in the oven until biscotti are dry, about 10 minutes on each side.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth, 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave).
- Dip the cooled biscotti into the melted chocolate. Set the biscotti onto parchment paper, and allow to set, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 254 cal
- 11.7 g
- 31.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Made these for Recipe Group...Well, the name says it all...AMAZING!!!! Made these exactly as written, and would not change a thing. The combination of flavors w/ the texture of the cookie is truely ad..." See moredicting (I'm not even gonna say how many I've eaten already, lol)! These will definitely be on my Christmas cookie platters, as well as my favorite cookies list! SHORECOOK, you did it again~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"These are incredible! A coworker brought these into work and I just had to have the recipe. He directed me here and I was not disappointed. I didn't add the peanut butter chips and it still had plenty..." See more of peanut butter flavor. I also used a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet chips because I didn't want them to be overly sweet. Amazing recipe that is sure to be crowd pleaser."
"What a fabulous selection for the Recipe Group for 11/24/2012. Shorecook never disappoints with her marvelous recipes. These are very, very good – too good in fact. So much for dinner. I made the..." See morese exactly as stated and would not make any changes. If you have a cookie swap coming up, you may want to make these. People will love them!"
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Healthier Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.